Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by philip zuniga <ph...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/09 02:56:27 UTC

SVG drag and drop with SWT

hello

  I am trying to create an application where I need to drag and SVG image from a batik canvas to an SWT widget. I can't think of a possible way if doing it.

  Do you have any idea in mind?

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Mail

Re: SVG drag and drop with SWT

Posted by Tom Schindl <to...@gmx.at>.
Yes rendering BufferedImages in SWT is possible but you also directly
embedd AWT into SWT. An article about buffered images is available here:

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/j-2dswt/?ca=drs-j2404
http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-SWT-images/graphics-resources.html
http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-Image-Viewer/Image_viewer.html

Tom

thomas.deweese@kodak.com wrote:
> Hi Philip,
>
> philip zuniga <ph...@yahoo.com> wrote on 03/08/2006 08:56:27 PM:
>

>>I am trying to create an application where I need to drag and SVG image
>
> from a
>
>>batik canvas to an SWT widget. I can't think of a possible way if doing
>
> it.
>
>>Do you have any idea in mind?
>

>    Well I don't know anything about SWT.  Can you do anything with a
> simple
> BufferedImage (raster data)?  If so you could render the SVG to an
> offscreen
> image and then 'drag' that.  But I don't really know how drawing is
> handled
> in SWT so this might not help much.

Re: SVG drag and drop with SWT

Posted by th...@kodak.com.