Posted to user@olingo.apache.org by Wendy Tamm <we...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/08 22:37:07 UTC

Differences in validation between JSON and Atom parsing (Olingo v1.2.0)

Hi all,

I noticed that when a JSON payload is parsed (for example, when creating a
new entity) the value of the 'type' metadata for the entry is compared to
the name of the expected EdmEntitySet (JsonEntryConsumer, block beginning
line 232). This is great validation that really helps my use case, but I'm
sad that the same validation is not done (probably using the 'term'
attribute of a category element) for Atom parsing in XmlEntryConsumer. Has
it been decided to not implement this for a specific reason? Or is it
something I should make a feature request for?

- WT

Re: Differences in validation between JSON and Atom parsing (Olingo v1.2.0)

Posted by "Klevenz, Stephan" <st...@sap.com>.
Sounds like a feature request. Maybe you can open an issue [1] and we can discuss details there.

-- Stephan

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OLINGO

From: Wendy Tamm <we...@gmail.com>>
Date: Dienstag, 8. Juli 2014 22:37