Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Connor Woodson <cw...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/15 01:09:52 UTC

Parameters in Configuration File

Does the Flume configuration file support parameters, for instance in the
way that you can specify them in a log4j conf file?

- Connor

Re: Parameters in Configuration File

Posted by Connor Woodson <cw...@gmail.com>.
There is some work on modifying the configuration system to make Flume work
with Zookeeper. I believe the way that's being done is by allowing for some
form of pluggable configuration system - you choose between the default
properties file or from something else. I'll look for the JIRA later; but
if you want, it should be possible to make a configuration mechanism to use
Spring instead of the properties file (I don't know enough about Spring to
say more about how it could be done).

Essentially, it should be possible to do, if you or someone else wants to
invest the time in making it work.

- Connor

Posted by "Kenison, Matt" <Ma...@disney.com>.

Posted by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org>.