Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by McClain Looney <ml...@gmail.com> on 2004/09/30 17:37:13 UTC

1.1 drop packaging issues.

The subversion-1.1.0.zip file's line endings appear to be hosed. make
install fails in bash on unix. i suspect eol corruption in install.sh
and other scripts to be the culprit.  The tar.gz version functions as
expected.

also, the tar.gz version is named .tar.gz.tar...

must have been a late one ;)

--
McClain Looney
m@loonsoft.com

Re: 1.1 drop packaging issues.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
McClain Looney wrote:

>The subversion-1.1.0.zip file's line endings appear to be hosed. make
>install fails in bash on unix. i suspect eol corruption in install.sh
>and other scripts to be the culprit.  The tar.gz version functions as
>expected.

The zip file is for Windows, hence the line endings. The tar.gz file is
for Unix. Everything is as expected.

>also, the tar.gz version is named .tar.gz.tar...

No, that's Mozilla fiddling with the file extension.

>must have been a late one ;)

Yup, but not ours. :-)

-- Brane

Re: 1.1 drop packaging issues.

Posted by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>.
On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 12:46:58PM -0500, C. Michael Pilato wrote:
> The .zip file is meant for consumption on Windows only.  Though, I can
> see how you wouldn't know this from the description in the Downloads
> area.

Fixed the description.  It now says it is for Windows.

--
Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>
http://ben.reser.org

"Conscience is the inner voice which warns us somebody may be looking."
- H.L. Mencken

Re: 1.1 drop packaging issues.

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.