Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Venkatraman K <ve...@wipsys.soft.net> on 1999/05/07 14:26:38 UTC

mod_jserv/4364: Installation error

>Number:         4364
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       Installation error
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Installation Apache JServ 1.0b4 (for Apache Server 1.3.6), during configuration
I gave the following command

./configure --with-apache-src=/tmp/apache_1.3.6 --prefix=/usr/local --enable-apache-conf  --with-jdk
-home=/usr/java1.1 --enable-debugging --with-jsdk=/usr/JSDK2.0/lib/jsdk.jar

I got the following error.

creating src/java/org/apache/jserv/JServDefs.java
mkdir: Failed to make directory "src/scripts/package/tar.gz"; No such file or directory
creating src/scripts/package/tar.gz/snap.sh
Can't open ./src/scripts/package/tar.gz/snap.sh.in
./config.status: src/scripts/package/tar.gz/snap.sh: cannot create

Then I ran make

It compiled all java files. But I got the following error

creating example/Makefile
Making all in conf
make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile, line 174: Unexpected end of line seen
Current working directory /tmp/ApacheJServ-1.0b4/conf
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'

Then I ran make install

That time java files compilation went fine. Then I got the following error:

mkdir /usr/local/docs
mkdir /usr/local/docs/api
mkdir /usr/local/docs/images
mkdir /usr/local/docs/install
mkdir /usr/local/docs/protocol
mkdir /usr/local/docs/future
Making install in example
cd .. \
  && CONFIG_FILES=example/Makefile CONFIG_HEADERS= /bin/sh ./config.status
creating example/Makefile
Making install in conf
make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile, line 174: Unexpected end of line seen
Current working directory /tmp/ApacheJServ-1.0b4/conf
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install-recursive'

But, then I can install Apache Server 1.3.6. Installation went fine.

>How-To-Repeat:
Explained in the full description
>Fix:
Though it is giving error, after installing Apache server also, Web server is working fine.

Servlets also working fine. No problem. Pl. clarify is this a bug or error in installation.