Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sourabh Kulkarni <so...@geometricsoftware.com> on 2003/05/02 13:06:27 UTC

Tomcat4.1.24 + Apache1.3.27 + mod_jk

Hi,
    I am following the HOWTO at http://www.johnturner.com/howto/winxp-howto.html.
My OS is Win2000. The HOWTO is for Apache2 while I am using 1.3.27. After adding

LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk-1.3.27.dll

to httpd.conf after the default LoadModule entries (at step 4 of "Installing JK connector"),
I get the following error
c:/apache/apache/conf/httpd.conf: Syntax OK
[Fri May 02 16:30:01 2003] [error] Cannot remove module mod_jk.c: not found in module list

I tried to do further settings but finally this error messages remains with Apache -t check.
Do I need to do any other setting for Apache 1.3.27 which is not reqd with Apache2 ?

-Sourabh Kulkarni
sourabhk@geometricsoftware.com

Marya Mannes-
Borders are scratched across the hearts of men
By strangers with a calm, judicial pen,
And when the borders bleed we watch with dread
The lines of ink across the map turn red.

This e-mail communication and any attachments are privileged and
confidential and intended only for the use of the recipients named above.
If you are not the intended recipient, please do not review, disclose,
disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail and attachments. If you have
by email or telephone at +91-20-2906219

Re: Tomcat4.1.24 + Apache1.3.27 + mod_jk

Posted by Sourabh Kulkarni <so...@geometricsoftware.com>.
I am getting one more problem.. I commented the default Coyote/JK2 connector
and am using AJP 1.3 connector (commented is server.xml by default). After
restarting the tomcat, I get the following exception. Am I correct in using
this connector for mod_jk? I have downloaded the tomcat distribution from
the jakarta site only and haven't deleted any files/dir.

ServerLifecycleListener: createMBeans: MBeanException
java.lang.Exception: ManagedBean is not found with Ajp13Connector
        at
org.apache.catalina.mbeans.MBeanUtils.createMBean(MBeanUtils.java:227
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.createMBeans(Serve
rLifecycleListener.java:402)
        at
org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.createMBeans(Serve
rLifecycleListener.java:854)
        at
org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.createMBeans(Serve
rLifecycleListener.java:828)
        at
org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.createMBeans(Serve
rLifecycleListener.java:372)
        at
org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent(Ser
verLifecycleListener.java:226)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(Lifecycl
eSupport.java:166)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:218
3)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:512)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)

TIA,
Sourabh