Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Glenn Taylor <gl...@mail.com> on 2000/09/26 21:24:12 UTC

EFF TEE PEE AND EXEMELL

Hope you can help me out - thanks in advance.

I'm grabbing XML docs from a server using FTP. Once accomplished, I then
convert the docs into byte [] like this:

InputStream byteStream = new ByteArrayInputStream(file);
XSLTInputSource in = new XSLTInputSource(byteStream);

Am I on the right track? In order to manipulate the story, do I need to turn
it into a byte array first? If not, what are my other options?

I'm asking this because of course I'm getting a host of weird errors, such
as CAN'T FIND DTD, even though the DTD is correctly placed. Everything works
if I just put an XML file into a directory and transform it. It's only when
I grab a file from the server and try to serialize it before conversion that
things go wrong.

PLEASE HELP! Thanks again

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com