Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by rick_tem <rv...@temenos.com> on 2017/04/04 09:47:32 UTC

Ignite Logger error

Hi,

I have the following code where log4JFile is a valid log4j2 conf file...If
however, ignite-log4j2-1.9.0.jar is not copied into the CLASSPATH, I never
hit the exception below...The program aborts with ClassNotFound.  The java
doc says this should throw an IgniteCheckedException in case "logger can't
be created".  I consider this a bug.  Do you agree? Ignite version is 1.9

                try {
                    log = new
org.apache.ignite.logger.log4j2.Log4J2Logger(log4JFile);
                    conf.setGridLogger(log);
                } catch (Exception e) {
                    // In version 1.9 this exception not caught.
                    logger.error("Failed instantiating Ignite logger.  Is
the ignite-log4j2 jar in your classpath?", e);
                }

Thanks,
Rick

Re: Ignite Logger error

Posted by Andrey Mashenkov <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rick,

Program aborts with ClassNotFoundException or NoClassDefFoundError?
Would you please attach full stacktrace?

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 12:47 PM, rick_tem <rv...@temenos.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have the following code where log4JFile is a valid log4j2 conf file...If
> however, ignite-log4j2-1.9.0.jar is not copied into the CLASSPATH, I never
> hit the exception below...The program aborts with ClassNotFound.  The java
> doc says this should throw an IgniteCheckedException in case "logger can't
> be created".  I consider this a bug.  Do you agree? Ignite version is 1.9
>

>                 try {
>                     log = new
> org.apache.ignite.logger.log4j2.Log4J2Logger(log4JFile);
>                     conf.setGridLogger(log);
>                 } catch (Exception e) {
>                     // In version 1.9 this exception not caught.
>                     logger.error("Failed instantiating Ignite logger.  Is
> the ignite-log4j2 jar in your classpath?", e);
>                 }
>
> Thanks,
> Rick

Best regards,