Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Aaron Evans <aa...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/23 19:59:40 UTC

"Create new servlet session upon login" Feature

Does anyone know how to configure this feature?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-712

Basically, it makes it so that if a client browser re-posts to the
login URI with some different credentials, the old session is turfed
and a new one created...

thanks in advance,
aaron

Re: "Create new servlet session upon login" Feature

Posted by David Sean Taylor <dt...@onehippo.com>.
On Sep 29, 2008, at 4:52 PM, Aaron Evans wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> I tried this out and it seems to do what I want, so thanks very much.
> Sorry to take so long to actually use a feature that I requested!
>
> One question though:
>
> In the LoginProxyServlet, you redirect to:
>
> "/login/redirector?token=" + token.getToken() where the token value is
> the username-timestamp.
>
> Is this token request parameter used later on in the chain? It doesn't
> seem to affect the behavior of the authentication mechanism or the
> security valve.
>
> The reason I ask is if it is informational only, I'd suggest removing
> it.  In my case, it stays visible for a second or two while our
> dashboard loads and it just seems weird to see the username in the
> URL.
>
> Anyhow, obviously not a big deal provided it isn't a security issue
> (and I'm pretty sure it is not since I tried doing some basic URL
> manipulation).
>
> Anyhow, thanks again. I'll also post this comments on the JIRA issue
> in case you miss this thread...

Message received on JIRA, also responding here:

It is used but the token does not have to be the user name. I agree,
it would be better to create a generated token with no meaning.
Regardless the tokens will only live for 30 seconds.

Re: "Create new servlet session upon login" Feature

Posted by Aaron Evans <aa...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

[...]

-aaron

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.