Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/09 03:49:01 UTC

scm plugin - checkin or update as needed?

I'm strugging to use the scm plugin in the seemingly obvious scenario
of 'use update if the tree is there, otherwise run checkout'.

Re: scm plugin - checkin or update as needed?

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
None of the above.

I have a custom plugin that is used to train an NLP model from a bunch
of corpora. The corpora are stored in svn. They are big, so I don't
want to refetch on each training. So, in generate-resources I want to
check them out if they aren't checked out, and update them if they
are.

I set up a profile with two executions: one for checkout and one for
update, and set the skipIfExists property to true for the checkout. It
seems to be doing the right thing, but I am worry about how to ensure
the correct order.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.