Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mostafa Al-Mallawani <mo...@aucegypt.edu> on 2002/05/09 02:49:43 UTC

recompiling servlets - do I have to restart?

Hi,
it's really annoying how you have to restart tomcat whenever you edit a
servlet or a bean...is there a way around this? or am I missing
something?

Re: recompiling servlets - do I have to restart?

Posted by August Detlefsen <au...@yahoo.com>.
Use the manager application. It allows you to reload just single webapp
instead of the whole server.

Posted by corey <co...@mcn.org>.
Maybe I'm not understanding the question correctly, but to reload servlets
and beans, etc. for tomcat 4, just add the followig attribute
   reloadable="true"
to your Context element in $CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml

-corey

Probably the most common complaint there is.  At present, no there's no way
around it.

it's really annoying how you have to restart tomcat whenever you edit a
servlet or a bean...is there a way around this? or am I missing
something?

For additional commands, e-mail:
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

RE: recompiling servlets - do I have to restart?

Posted by Giz <gi...@gizmola.com>.