Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Colin <cp...@system03.freeserve.co.uk> on 2002/08/11 16:09:43 UTC

Compiled-in but not recognized

Hi all,

I know this is a recurring problem but bear with me ...

Outputs:

httpd -l
Compiled-in modules:
http_core.c
mod_so.c
mod_perl.c

Now, when i try to add the usual:
<Location /cgi-bin/b*.pl>
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler Apache::Registry
Options -Indexes ExecCGI
PerlSendHeader On
</Location>

I also get the usual:
Syntax error on line 1141 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:

Invalid command 'PerlHandler', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module
not included in the server configuration

How can this be when the mod_perl module is clearly compiled in the binary
(and without errors).
Compiled in as:
MOD_PERL:

perl Makefile.PL \
APACHE_SRC=/usr/local/src/apache_1.3.26/src \
NO_HTTPD=1 \
USE_APACI=1 \
PREP_HTTPD=1 \
EVERYTHING=1

make
make install

APACHE
./configure \
--prefix=/usr/local/apache \
--enable-shared=max \
--enable-module=most \
--activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a

make
make install

Any adivce on this????

PETER.

RE: Compiled-in but not recognized

Posted by Colin <cp...@system03.freeserve.co.uk>.
Hi thanks,

Yes I have established the server is running only 1 http binary
so it is the correct one. Having tried almost all the build types
from the mod_perl docs site (over 2 days!), the result is still the same.

It works find via a DSO though.

Perhaps if we start have a flood of similar problems then it would
indicate a problem with the current versions of apache or mod_perl.

I would hope ;)

Posted by Colin <cp...@system03.freeserve.co.uk>.
Just to update that I thankfully have this working now :)
It was a corrupted mod_perl.c file from the source tree that was causing the
issue.

Thanks.

Posted by Ed Grimm <ed...@tgape.org>.
On Sun, 11 Aug 2002, Colin wrote:

>>> mod_so.c

Posted by Colin <cp...@system03.freeserve.co.uk>.

Hi thanks,

I'm running the very latest versions and a new build:

mod_perl-1.27
apache_1.3.26 (unix)

I have also tried nearly all the build types presented at the mod_perl site
but the result is always the same - mod_perl seems not to be recognized as
being in the httpd binary!

Re: Compiled-in but not recognized

Posted by Ged Haywood <ge...@www2.jubileegroup.co.uk>.
Hi there,

On Sun, 11 Aug 2002, Colin wrote:

> I know this is a recurring problem but bear with me ...

:)

> httpd -l
> Compiled-in modules:
> http_core.c