Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by en...@bellsouth.net on 2019/12/02 22:03:27 UTC

Do I really need to use CVS for tomcat8 source management?

As someone new to working with Tomcat (8), I see that a lot of the
introductory documentation suggests to use CVS (and in conjunction with ant)
for handling software revisions. However, I have read discussions about the
superiority of git for handling software revisions / commits, etc., and also
I wish to put my code where it will be publicly accessible, i.e., on github.

Will git work just as well as CVS for tomcat app development, or are there
specific, important reasons why the Tomcat documentation consistently refers
to CVS for this?

*	Bill Engelke

Re: Do I really need to use CVS for tomcat8 source management?

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Bill,

Please put all your posts on the list. We are a volunteer community
and the community benefits from all posts. If you want paid support,
you are welcome to contact me directly.

On 12/4/19 14:09, engelke77@bellsouth.net wrote:
> Chris - actually, I didn't see it, and still don't.  Could you
> re-send? BTW, I didn't intend to post twice; I had some trouble
> with my email & also with subscribing to the list, so I must have
> inadvertently re-sent.

https://markmail.org/thread/v3ayci7l7psqqvmd

- -chris

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.