Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Albert Lee <al...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/14 03:21:06 UTC

solr query

Dear Solr,
I want to whether solr support query by this year or this month?
If can, how to do that.
Thanks.

Regards,
Albert

Re: solr query

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.
We have an index with thousands of fields. Only a few are accessed on each query.

These fields break out three different kinds of weights for a thousand or so different school subjects. Each query is just for one subject, so the scoring uses those three fields. Like:

* weight_a_1234
* weight_b_1234
* weight_c_1234

Another query would use:

* weight_a_4567
* weight_b_4567
* weight_c_4567

And so on… Lots of fields, but queries run in 15 milliseconds even with updates every few minutes.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

RE: solr query

Posted by Stefan Matheis <ma...@gmail.com>.

RE: solr query

Posted by Albert Lee <al...@gmail.com>.

RE: solr query

Posted by Stefan Matheis <ma...@gmail.com>.

RE: solr query

--
http://www.the111shift.com

Re: solr query

Posted by Emir Arnautović <em...@sematext.com>.
Right - I focused more on the fact that Albert was not just looking for the current mont of the current year.

Emir

Re: solr query

Posted by Gus Heck <gu...@gmail.com>.

--
http://www.the111shift.com

Re: solr query

Posted by Emir Arnautović <em...@sematext.com>.
Hi Gus,
It is just current month, but Albert is interested in month, regardless of year. It can be done with OR-ed conditions for different years:
birthDate:[NOW/MONTH TO NOW/MONTH+1MONTH] OR birthDate:[NOW-1YEAR/MONTH TO NOW-1YEAR/MONTH+1MONTH] OR birthDate:[NOW-2YEAR/MONTH TO NOW-2YEAR/MONTH+1MONTH] OR…

Emir

Re: solr query

Posted by Gus Heck <gu...@gmail.com>.

--