Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de> on 2019/02/05 12:34:53 UTC

Release 0.3.0

Hi team,

as I’m now officially done as RM for the 0.3.0 release I want to thank chris for his excellent description and the great material (as well as his mental support) from https://plc4x.apache.org/developers/release.html.
When following these guidelines it really works flawlessly and I’m happy to be now in the position to jump-in and to take some work off from chris.

Perhaps it is even worth to share this with other projects (or the incubating training “project”).
@Chris: What do you think?

Julian

Re: Release 0.3.0

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Julian,

congratulations to your first successful Apache release ... I remember my first release (Was a little helper needed for the Flex project consisting of 4 API interfaces) ...

I was going to ask you for feedback and things to improve for the next RM taking up the ball. So thanks for pro-actively doing that.

Of course I'm happy that the documentation was helpful and of course I would be happy to help others, but I guess it always depends on how your project build is setup.
I know at least one Top-Level project that my documentation would not be sufficient for and you probably rather need a phone-book sized document instead ;-)
At least I should donate that to the Edgent and the IoTDB podling as I setup their builds streamlined to that of PLC4X.

Chris