Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by howard chen <ho...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/23 14:29:33 UTC

Withdraw from a commit

Hello,

I have a non-common question about SVN usage.

Consider I have commit a version of some codes into the SVN, now I
want to withdraw this commit.
That's mean I don't want any log of my commit can be traced, is it possible?

Sure I have the permission to do anything on this project.

Thanks.

Re: Withdraw from a commit

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.

http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#removal

Re: Withdraw from a commit

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 12:32, Bob Archer <Bo...@amsi.com> wrote:
>> If not in the fine manual, definitely in the FAQ.
>
> Sorry... I stand corrected. (well I am really sitting.)

It may be in the manual, I just don't recall. Or maybe both places.

RE: Withdraw from a commit

Posted by Bob Archer <Bo...@amsi.com>.
> If not in the fine manual, definitely in the FAQ.

Sorry... I stand corrected. (well I am really sitting.)

BOb

Re: Withdraw from a commit

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 11:24, Bob Archer <Bo...@amsi.com> wrote:
>> I have a non-common question about SVN usage.
>>
>> Consider I have commit a version of some codes into the SVN, now I
>> want to withdraw this commit.
>> That's mean I don't want any log of my commit can be traced, is it
>> possible?
>>
>> Sure I have the permission to do anything on this project.
>
> This is not really recommended. But you can do it by doing a dump of
> your repository with a dumpfilter then reloading it. I am pretty sure
> this process is described in the "fine" manual. (svn book)

If not in the fine manual, definitely in the FAQ.

Erasing all traces of a commit will break everyone else's working copy
though, as revision numbers will be off by one.

RE: Withdraw from a commit

Posted by Bob Archer <Bo...@amsi.com>.