Posted to mod_python-dev@quetz.apache.org by Sterling Hughes <st...@bumblebury.com> on 2003/06/24 21:20:09 UTC

Re: Shared memory

Well, portability is a concern.  mmap() with MAP_ANONYMOUS is the best
way to do shared memory on systems that support it (it automatically
cleans up shared memory for you, and it is just as fast).  But
MAP_ANONYMOUS is not POSIX, iirc its supported on only FreeBSD and Linux
(definitely not Windows).

-Sterling

--
"A business that makes nothing but money is a poor kind of business."
    - Henry Ford