Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Milan Reznicek <re...@gytool.cz> on 2003/07/09 14:09:37 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache for Windows Unaviable

Hi,
    I'm trying to download new 2.0.47 for windows but the binary for win32
is unaviable. Is the problem at my computer. Or hasn't the win32 binary been
published yet?

                                                        Milan
----------------------------------
Milan Reznicek
Software Developer

e-mail:   reznicekm@gytool.cz

Re: [users@httpd] Apache for Windows Unaviable

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Robert Andersson wrote:

> Milan Reznicek wrote:
>>     I'm trying to download new 2.0.47 for windows but the binary for win32
>> is unaviable. Is the problem at my computer. Or hasn't the win32 binary
>> been published yet?
>
> It has, but as it seems, the linkage is broken. The first link is what is on
> the download page, the second is the real file:
>
> http://mirror/dist/httpd/binaries/win32/apache_2.0.47-win32-x86-no_src.msi
> http://mirror/dist/httpd/binaries/win32/apache_2.0.47-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi
>
> Apparently they changed the naming scheme to be -no_ssl for this release but
> didn't appriciate that on the download page.

2.0.46 was misnamed ;-). The download page is fixed now, thanks for your
caution.

nd

Re: [users@httpd] Apache for Windows Unaviable

Posted by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu>.
Milan Reznicek wrote:
>     I'm trying to download new 2.0.47 for windows but the binary for win32
> is unaviable. Is the problem at my computer. Or hasn't the win32 binary
> been published yet?

It has, but as it seems, the linkage is broken. The first link is what is on
the download page, the second is the real file:

http://mirror/dist/httpd/binaries/win32/apache_2.0.47-win32-x86-no_src.msi
http://mirror/dist/httpd/binaries/win32/apache_2.0.47-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi

Apparently they changed the naming scheme to be -no_ssl for this release but
didn't appriciate that on the download page.

Remove the file name from the URI, and you should get a listing of the
files, where you can select the appropriate file to download.

Regards,
Robert Andersson