Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Ori Popowski <or...@gmail.com> on 2022/11/20 14:00:29 UTC

Unaligned Checkpoints disabled even though I enabled them

Hi,

I am running Flink 1.15

I ran the job with execution.checkpointing.unaligned=true and it shows up
also in the Flink UI in the Job Manager Configuration. However, in the
"Configuration" tab under "Checkpoints" I see "Unaligned Checkpoints" as
"Disabled". See screenshots below.

Why does it happen?

Thanks
[image: Capture d’écran 2022-11-20 à 15.58.15.png]
[image: Capture d’écran 2022-11-20 à 15.59.04.png]

Re: Unaligned Checkpoints disabled even though I enabled them

Posted by Ori Popowski <or...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for answering. No, aligned-checkpoint-timeout property isn't set
neither in the job code nor the configuration.

I understood that unaligned checkpoints are meaningless in at
least-once-semantics, isn't that the case?

Thanks

Posted by yidan zhao <hi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yanfei Lei <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ori Popowski,