Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Md...@aol.com on 2001/10/08 05:55:46 UTC

RE:Unable to run JMeter

Sorry for so little details. Maybe this will be better.

I downloaded the 1.7Beta from the apache.org page.

I am currently using Win98 SR2 on a athlon 1.3 with 256 MB ram.
I am using the SDK 1.3.1 which I downloaded from SUN.

a couple of symptons that I have noticed:

     I had to edit the jmeter.properties and lcp.bat and jmeter.bat files
since the download appears to be saved using a unix system.

     When I start JMeter I am getting an error that says

log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for category
(org.apache.jmeter.util.ClassFinder).log4j:ERROR Please initialize the log4j
system properly.

     When I try to load the sample testfiles I am getting an error which I am
unable to capture since it is scrolling off of my screen.

Here is the best I can do for trace dump. Note that this is a fragment since
the rest is scrolling off of my screen.

------------------------- Dump Starts Here

        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.startElement(SAXParser.java:1371)
at
org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.callStartElement(XMLValidator

.java:840)        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.scanElement(XMLDocumentScanner.

java:1853)        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$ContentDispatcher.dispatch(XMLD

ocumentScanner.java:1234)        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScanner.ja

va:381)        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:948)        at
org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.Load.doAction(Unknown Source)        at
org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.ActionRouter.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(Unknown
Source)        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
Source)        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
     at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)        at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$MouseInputHandler.mouseReleased(Unknown

Source)        at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)        at
java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)        at
java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)        at
java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)        at
java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)        at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)        at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)        at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)        at
java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)        at
java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)        at
java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)        at
java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)Main item =
org.apache.jmeter.control.TestPlan@53f67eMain item =
org.apache.jmeter.threads.ThreadGroup@3a1834Main item =
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.control.CookieManager@b1cd0Main item =
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.control.HttpTestSample@10a0d6subitem =
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.config.UrlConfig@2f729eReplacing a
UrlConfigsubitem =
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.config.UrlConfig@deb5fReplacing a
UrlConfigsubitem =
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.control.HeaderManager@57b7d9

------------------- Dump Ends Here ------------------------------

RE:Unable to run JMeter

Posted by Bruce Barrett <br...@earthreflections.com>.
At 11:55 PM -0400 10/7/01, Mdb3624@aol.com wrote:
>Sorry for so little details. Maybe this will be better.
>
>I downloaded the 1.7Beta from the apache.org page.
>
>I am currently using Win98 SR2 on a athlon 1.3 with 256 MB ram.
>I am using the SDK 1.3.1 which I downloaded from SUN.
>
>a couple of symptons that I have noticed:
>
>     I had to edit the jmeter.properties and lcp.bat and jmeter.bat
>files since the download appears to be saved using a unix system.
>
>     When I start JMeter I am getting an error that says
>
>log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for category
>(org.apache.jmeter.util.ClassFinder).log4j:ERROR Please initialize
>the log4j system properly.
>
>     When I try to load the sample testfiles I am getting an error
>which I am unable to capture since it is scrolling off of my screen.
I believe that 1.7 had a problem with the jmeter.properties file.
This prevented any opening of existing test plan files.

to fix:
   edit and remove any trailing spaces from the XML Parser line,
probably looked something like this:
    xml.parser=org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser

You may also try creating your own test "from scratch"
(without saving and opening) and see if that runs.

Bruce