Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Khalasi, Vipul Kantibhai " <vi...@citi.com> on 2015/09/02 20:06:52 UTC

KafkaSpout throwing OutOfMemoryError

Hi ,

I am using kafkaspout in my topology ann each kafka topic have 8 partitions and all topic atleast contains 1GB of data.

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space at java.nio.HeapByteBuffer.<init>(HeapByteBuffer.java:57) at java.nio.ByteBuffer.allocate(ByteBuffer.java:335) at kafka.network.BoundedByteBufferReceive.

Thanks &  Regards

- Vipul Khalasi

[GRU%20Logo]

GRU L&T Manager  -  Nandkishore Bante
GRU Citi Manager  -  Senthel Kumar Loganathan
GRU Escalation  - *CITI GRU Tech Management Team

Re: KafkaSpout throwing OutOfMemoryError

Posted by Gaurav Agarwal <ga...@gmail.com>.
You need to allocate extra memory for the topology to run.