Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Chris Beck <cb...@gene.concordia.ca> on 2004/09/15 21:24:20 UTC

Problem with upgrading from 1.1 RC2 to 1.1 RC3

I rebuilt my svn installation and now I have problems with apache

[Wed Sep 15 16:59:25 2004] [error] [client 192.168.101.14] (20014)Error string
not specified yet: Version mismatch in 'svn_delta': found 1.1.0-rc3, expected
1.1.0-rc2

I checked the modules in /usr/lib/apache and they have the right time stamp.

Commandline stuff works fine.

I am building against 2.0.50, with APR < 1.0 (0.9.5 I believe)
--
Chris Beck / Y.A.B.A. / Fungal Genomics / Concordia University / tel. ext. 5791
"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull

Re: Problem with upgrading from 1.1 RC2 to 1.1 RC3

Posted by Greg Hudson <gh...@MIT.EDU>.
>> 'svn_delta': found 1.1.0-rc3, expected 1.1.0-rc2

> It sounds as if the mod_dav_svn module is picking up old subversion
> libraries. Use ldd on the module to try to see what is happening.

Actually, it sounds to me like the libraries have been updated but
the Apache module hasn't.

Re: Problem with upgrading from 1.1 RC2 to 1.1 RC3

Posted by Chris Beck <cb...@gene.concordia.ca>.
Bump.

 >>> [Wed Sep 15 16:59:25 2004] [error] [client 192.168.101.14]
 >>> (20014)Error string not specified yet: Version mismatch in
 >>> 'svn_delta': found 1.1.0-rc3, expected 1.1.0-rc2

So noone can think of a place where the old version number might be?  I have
recompiled apache and svn and restarted apache and verified that no copies of
the svn libraries/executables exist on the system and all the time stamps match
the compile time (in any case I deleted the svn directory (/usr/local/svn)
before recompiling.

It wouldn't be stored in the FSFS repository for some strange reason would it?

It is whispered that Chris Beck was heard, on or about 09/16/04 11:38 to say:
> Good idea, unfortunately old libraries lying around isn't the problem
> ... I rm -rf'd the directory and locate didn't show up any traces.  In
> any case I config'd with the same command so the libraries would be
> overwritten by make install.
>
> I note that Paul Gordon had a problem with similar symptoms back in
> March but noone responded.   The client side symptom (as opposed to the
> apache error log is:
> svn: PROPFIND request failed
>
> On a related note, I just recompiled Apache and it is still toast.
>
> It is whispered that Tobias Ringström was heard, on or about 09/16/04
> 05:00 to say:
>
>> Chris Beck wrote:
>>
>>> I rebuilt my svn installation and now I have problems with apache
>>>

>> It sounds as if the mod_dav_svn module is picking up old subversion
>> libraries. Use ldd on the module to try to see what is happening.
>>
>  --
> Chris Beck / Y.A.B.A. / Fungal Genomics / Concordia University / tel.
> ext. 5791

Chris Beck / Y.A.B.A. / Fungal Genomics / Concordia University / tel. ext. 5791
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more
thieves and robbers there will be." -- Lao Tsu

Re: Problem with upgrading from 1.1 RC2 to 1.1 RC3

Posted by Chris Beck <cb...@gene.concordia.ca>.

Posted by Tobias Ringström <to...@ringstrom.mine.nu>.
Chris Beck wrote:

> I rebuilt my svn installation and now I have problems with apache
>
> [Wed Sep 15 16:59:25 2004] [error] [client 192.168.101.14]
> (20014)Error string not specified yet: Version mismatch in
> 'svn_delta': found 1.1.0-rc3, expected 1.1.0-rc2

It sounds as if the mod_dav_svn module is picking up old subversion
libraries. Use ldd on the module to try to see what is happening.

/Tobias