Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Samuel Medeiros <cc...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/25 10:41:07 UTC

GSoC 2013

Hi Xalan Devs,

My name is Samuel Queiroz and I participated of GSoC 2012 by coding for
Xalan-C.
My mentor was Steven J. Hathaway and we implemented the base functions for
XML DateTime.

In the context of GSoC 2013, I would like to work again with the Xalan team
in order to push this project to have XSLT/XPath 2 support.

I would like to discuss some points with you:

   1. In order to become more motivated, does Xalan have a big users
   community? Can you estimate how many projects use it?
   2. Which Xalan version is better positioned -- in terms of both code
   quality/completion and number of affected users -- to incorporate these
   recommendations?
   3. In order to get help defining a project that makes sense within the
   scope of GSoC, what could be a great starting point in order to push the
   project to support these recommendations?
   4. Who could be the mentor?

Sincerely,
Samuel Queiroz

Re: GSoC 2013

Posted by Samuel Medeiros <cc...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael,

I have updated the proposal.
Let me know if you have more suggestions.

Thanks

2013/5/2 Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>

> Hi Samuel,
>
> I've reviewed your proposal in Melange. Overall it looks really good.
>
> I left you some feedback on things you can improve and a few questions.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Michael Glavassevich
> XML Technologies and WAS Development
> IBM Toronto Lab
> E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com
> E-mail: mrglavas@apache.org
>
> Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com> wrote on 05/01/2013 03:36:21
> PM:
>
> > Hi Samuel,
> >
> > Samuel Medeiros <cc...@gmail.com> wrote on 05/01/2013 02:00:35 PM:
> >
> > > Hi Michael,
> > >
> > > I have submitted our project proposal.
> >
> > That was quick. :-)
> >
> > I plan to have a read through when I'm home this evening.
> >
> > > I am looking forward to getting your feedback.
> > >
> > > Just FYI, ASF provides a page for both students and prospective
> > > mentors. It contains information like "Prospective mentors should join
>
> > the
> > > code-awards@apache.org mailing list".
> >
> > Yes, I'm already subscribed to that mailing list.
> >
> > > Sincerely,
> > > Samuel Queiroz
> > >

> > > 2013/4/30 Samuel Medeiros <cc...@gmail.com>
> > > Hi Michael,
> > >
> > > I am glad to know you would volunteer to mentor this project.
> > >
> > > Thank you for these entry points. I am studying them and tomorrow I
> > > am gonna be submitting the first version of the proposal.
> > >
> > > Sincerely,
> > > Samuel
> > >

> > > 2013/5/1 Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>
> > > Hi Samuel,
> > >
> > > Samuel Medeiros <cc...@gmail.com> wrote on 04/30/2013 04:39:13
> PM:

> > > Yes, I would volunteer to mentor this project.

> program.

> > far:
> > > specifications;

> page:

> > > That's a good summary from a high level.
> > >
> > > If you're looking for pointers into the code for where
> > > StAXSource/StAXResult would apply, here are the main entry points:
> > >
> > > [1]
> > > http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xalan/java/trunk/src/org/apache/xalan/
> > > processor/TransformerFactoryImpl.java
> > >
> > > [2]
> > > http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xalan/java/trunk/src/org/apache/xalan/
> > > transformer/TransformerImpl.java
> > >
> > > [3]
> > > http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xalan/java/trunk/src/org/apache/xalan/
> > > xsltc/trax/TransformerFactoryImpl.java
> > >
> > > [4]
> > > http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xalan/java/trunk/src/org/apache/xalan/
> > > xsltc/trax/TransformerImpl.java
> > >
> > > specifically the newTransformer() and transform() methods.

> > > Looking forward to seeing your project proposal.

> [...]

Samuel de Medeiros Queiroz
Formal Methods Group (GMF - UFCG - Brazil)

Re: GSoC 2013

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Samuel,

Re: GSoC 2013

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Samuel,

Re: GSoC 2013

Posted by Samuel Medeiros <cc...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael,

I have submitted our project
proposal<https://google-melange.appspot.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2013/samuelqueiroz/17001>
.

I am looking forward to getting your feedback.

Just FYI, ASF provides a page <http://community.apache.org/gsoc.html> for

Re: GSoC 2013

Posted by Samuel Medeiros <cc...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael,