Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Susan Roesner RZ <sr...@rz.uni-hildesheim.de> on 2006/11/16 16:54:28 UTC

[users@httpd] Illegal Instruction

Hello,

we use apache2.2.3 on a solaris10 machine which runs fine until we added "-DSSL"
in apachectl (just currious if set --with-ssl during compiling shouldn't apache
automatically start with ssl afterwards?).

After that when starting we get an "Illegal Instruction" and the server wont
start. I had a look with truss -f. I did not see anything strange. As I am not
experienced I might have missed the line telling me what is wrong.

Please, could anyone give me a hint how to find the cause of the "Illegal
Instruction".

Regards
Susan

Re: [users@httpd] Illegal Instruction

Posted by Kenneth Svee <k....@usit.uio.no>.
[ Susan Roesner RZ ]

> Hello,
>
> we use apache2.2.3 on a solaris10 machine which runs fine until we
> added "-DSSL" in apachectl (just currious if set --with-ssl during
> compiling shouldn't apache automatically start with ssl
> afterwards?).
>
> After that when starting we get an "Illegal Instruction" and the
> server wont start. I had a look with truss -f. I did not see
> anything strange. As I am not experienced I might have missed the
> line telling me what is wrong.
>
> Please, could anyone give me a hint how to find the cause of the
> "Illegal Instruction".

Check your httpd.conf to see if the 'ssl_module' is loaded with
LoadModule. If you run into problems, the docs are invaluable:

  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/ssl/

Rgds,
Kenneth Svee