Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Raymond Kroeker <ra...@raykroeker.com> on 2008/01/18 19:04:37 UTC

Rename Schema

I would like to know if it is possible to rename a schema; if anyone has
tried it; and what their results were.

I've looked for documentation on this; however was unable to find any.
Therefore I'm guessing it's either not possible or requires SQL within the
sys info tables.

Thanks.

Raymond Kroeker

Re: Rename Schema

Posted by Raymond Kroeker <ra...@raykroeker.com>.
Thanks Rick.

Raymond

On Jan 18, 2008 10:18 AM, Rick Hillegas <Ri...@sun.com> wrote:

> Hi Raymond,
>
> Derby does not provide a command to rename a schema. Tables, columns,
> and indexes can be renamed but not schemas.
>
> Regards,
> -Rick
>
> Raymond Kroeker wrote:
> > I would like to know if it is possible to rename a schema; if anyone
> > has tried it; and what their results were.
> >
> > I've looked for documentation on this; however was unable to find
> > any.  Therefore I'm guessing it's either not possible or requires SQL
> > within the sys info tables.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > --
> > Raymond Kroeker