Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org> on 2017/01/26 16:02:30 UTC

[DISCUSS] JIRA component "hbase"

Anyone know what the intended scope of the "hbase" component is in JIRA?

Right now we have ~77 issues that list it. AFAICT it's been used since
at least Dec 2014.

Here's a JIRA query with them: https://s.apache.org/CqpC

Spot checking them, I'm not sure what the component is trying to
cover. I'd like to either update it to a better name (and give it a
description) or just delete it.

thoughts?

Re: [DISCUSS] JIRA component "hbase"

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
+1 on deleting.

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
+1 on delete.

Posted by Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>.
+1 to delete

wrote:

> Maybe it's meant to serve a notion like "core"? Anyway it doesn't seem
> useful. +1 for deleting it.
>
> On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 8:02 AM, Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Anyone know what the intended scope of the "hbase" component is in JIRA?
> >
> > Right now we have ~77 issues that list it. AFAICT it's been used since
> > at least Dec 2014.
> >
> > Here's a JIRA query with them: https://s.apache.org/CqpC
> >
> > Spot checking them, I'm not sure what the component is trying to
> > cover. I'd like to either update it to a better name (and give it a
> > description) or just delete it.
> >
> > thoughts?
> >

> --
> Best regards,
>
>    - Andy
>
> If you are given a choice, you believe you have acted freely. - Raymond
> Teller (via Peter Watts)

Michael Antonov

Re: [DISCUSS] JIRA component "hbase"

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gary Helmling <gh...@gmail.com>.
I don't think I've used that one, so maybe I'm missing something, but +1 on
deleting.  I don't see any commonality to the issues.