Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by jorge ivan poot diaz <iv...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/09 02:13:03 UTC

Primary folders

Help me,

I have doubts about the structure of the code.
What are the primary folders?
If I make any changes to the source code, how I can know that build
directory?

For example a change in:
aoo / main / sd / uiconfig / sdraw / menubar $ gedit menubar.xml

I need to do the build in:
- officecfg
- postprocess

I want to know if I'm right about to build with these.

Regards.

Re: Primary folders

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Ivan,

On Fri, Mar 08, 2013 at 07:13:03PM -0600, jorge ivan poot diaz wrote:
> Help me,
>
> I have doubts about the structure of the code.
> What are the primary folders?

You have these pages (sure outdated):

http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Source_code_directories
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Module_Build_Order

there was a graph with the build directories dependencies, but I can't
find it.

> If I make any changes to the source code, how I can know that build
> directory?

You get an idea of the modules on which the current module depends, by
looking at the first line <module>/prj/build.lst

a build --all in that module will build all its dependencies.

> For example a change in:
> aoo / main / sd / uiconfig / sdraw / menubar $ gedit menubar.xml

a change in this file does not need recompiling, simply copy it in the
basis directory of the installation built by yourself

<basis dir>/share/config/soffice.cfg/modules/sdraw/menubar/menubar.xml

Note that the UI configuration manager will look first in your user
directory, if you have changed that file via Tools - Customize, you will
have your version in your user dir., and it will take precedence over
the version in the basis folder. So, if you modified the menu in the
user interface, copy it to
<user>//config/soffice.cfg/modules/sdraw/menubar

If you made several changes, and this thing of copying files around
seems too much complicated, simply rebuild the whole thing and generate
new install sets.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile