Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jb...@yahoo.fr on 2007/07/16 19:32:09 UTC

[m2] renaming resource files

Hello,
I'm currently writing a pom for my project. I have some resource files
 to rename on every compilation. Is there a plugin able to do so ?
Thx

Re: [m2] renaming resource files

Posted by Rémy Sanlaville <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

We are also interested by a such renaming feature.

In fact, it is possible to use the Antrun with copy past, but I find that it
is
not the best solution. It's more difficult to read the pom and to manage the
evolution.
One benefit of using maven and the pom is you are describing what you want
to do
at a model level rather than describing how to do it at a scripting level
like with ant.
So it's always a shame to use the antrun plugin.

In our context, a project has some resources templates files and they want
to easily distinguish between
theses templates files and the others resources files. So they add
_templates in the name of the resources templates files.
For instance:
src - main - resources - application.properties
                                 - log4j_templates.properties

and they need to have:
target - classes - application.properties
                        - log4j.properties

So it will be nice to be able to rename some resources files without using
the antrun plugin.

Rémy

Re: [m2] renaming resource files

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Many people use the Antrun with copy task to perform renaming.

What kinds of resource files are you renaming, and why? It is very
likely that there is a better "Maven-way" to do what you want to do,
probably involving filters and profiles.

Wayne