Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> on 2006/08/17 14:02:17 UTC

Re: svn commit: r432201 - /xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/src/java/org/apache/fop/fo/flow/AbstractListItemPart.java

Andreas,

when applying a patch it is nice to actually include the name of the
person who submitted the patch in the commit message as well as the
bugzilla number. That serves two purposes:
- It faciliates later investigation in case of IP problems.
- It is a way to say thank-you to one of those few people nowadays who
actually do submit patches. Since the use of author tags is discouraged
this is the only way to attribute a work to someone. We committers
already have our names in the revision logs but the contributors haven't.

Please update the commit message of revision 432201 to reflect that
following the pattern I've always used:
Bugzilla #.....:
<commit message>
Submitted By: <name and somewhat spam-protected mail address>

Thanks.

On 17.08.2006 12:25:27 adelmelle wrote:
> Author: adelmelle
> Date: Thu Aug 17 03:25:27 2006
> New Revision: 432201

> Log:
> Added relaxed validation for empty list-item-* (as produced by the buggy Microsoft Word2FO stylesheet)
>
> Modified:
>     xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/src/java/org/apache/fop/fo/flow/AbstractListItemPart.java
<snip/>

Jeremias Maerki

Re: svn commit: r432201 - /xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/src/java/org/apache/fop/fo/flow/AbstractListItemPart.java

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.
On Aug 17, 2006, at 14:02, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

<snip />
> Please update the commit message of revision 432201 to reflect that
> following the pattern I've always used:
> Bugzilla #.....:
> <commit message>
> Submitted By: <name and somewhat spam-protected mail address>

Sorry. Will keep an eye on it for later commits.
For now, I saw I forgot to commit status.xml anyway. Credits to Gary
on our changes page.

Later,

Andreas