Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Molly Mears <mm...@washcoll.edu> on 2004/03/19 22:23:41 UTC

[users@httpd] Ldap authorization - Internal Server Error

I am new to the list, so please forgive any protocol error I may make.

I have added Ldap authorization to my .htaccess files. It is working fine,
with one annoying glitch. If a user enters their uid incorrectly, they get
an Internal Server Error and the error log shows "Search must return
exactly 1 entry; found 0 entries for search (&(objectclass=*)(uid=mmears)):
URI /mears".

If you try to log in again, you never get prompted again for a
username...it holds on to the wrong name and you get the Internal Server
Error again. A user must close the browser and reopen it in order to get
prompted again for a username. If you enter the correct username but the
wrong password, it reprompts correctly.

Anyone have an idea how to fix this? thank you.

Molly Mears
Washington College
Chestertown, Md. 21620
mmears2@washcoll.edu