Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/05 08:46:49 UTC

General Questions on committing code

I've done some work extending the experimental spark color picker.

Besides adding dataProvider support to make it functionally equivalent to the mx one, I added support for "no color" and proper handling of null objects in the dataProvider (to indicate "no color"). Although it seems to work correctly for my personal use, I have not done extensive testing. Should I commit the code as-is, and hope it works/will be better tested later? Wait? Something else? I'm just not sure on proper procedure here…

Also, is there a policy on code formatting? Do we care that all code formatting styles match? (i.e. when to use and where to place braces, line breaks, etc.) If yes, is there a document on this somewhere?

Thanks!
Harbs

Re: General Questions on committing code

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Besides adding dataProvider support to make it functionally equivalent to the mx one, I added support for "no color" and proper handling of null objects in the dataProvider (to indicate "no color"). Although it seems to work correctly for my personal use, I have not done extensive testing. Should I commit the code as-is, and hope it works/will be better tested later? Wait? Something else? I'm just not sure on proper procedure here…
Policy is commit first and review second.Having more eyes on it will improve the quality. The experimental namespace is exactly for components like that that ie functional but not fully tested.

> Also, is there a policy on code formatting? Do we care that all code formatting styles match?
It's nice that the code formatting matches the existing SDK code where possible (and yes there's inconsistencies).

> If yes, is there a document on this somewhere?
There was some Adobe documentation a search of the mailing list should find it.

Thanks,
Justin