Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Zdenko Rohac <Zd...@tuke.sk> on 2004/03/09 13:29:58 UTC

[users@httpd] Charset_lite configuration help.

Hello.
I need to convert from win-1250 to iso-8859-2 encoding in Apache 2.0
running on Windows NT.

So I appended directive

     LoadModule charset_lite_module modules/mod_charset_lite.so

in the httpd.conf and

     CharsetSourceEnc WINDOWS-1250
     CharsetDefault ISO-8859-2

into directory which content I want to be converted. Apache starts OK,
but try to get file from the directory ends with "Internal server error
500"
and this line in error.log:

[Tue Mar 09 14:20:55 2004] [error] [client 147.232.75.103] (22)Invalid
argument: can't open translation WINDOWS-1250->ISO-8859-2

Documentation of charset says something about different codepage names,
but I was not
able to guess the good ones for my system. Please send a hint how to do it.
                       Thanks
                              Zdenko Rohac.

--
Zdenko.Rohac@tuke.sk