Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Sean Bates <se...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/26 17:04:14 UTC

Hiding nodes.

I am trying to hide a node in a repo using "* =" and then trying to override
with "joe, bob, john=rw" to grant access to those that should see it.
Unfortunately this doesn't work. Is there a way to hide a node (directory)
from all users except a few specific people.

We are using Apache 2.0.54 and SVN 1.4.0 using SSPI 1.0.1. Here's the
contents of the httpd.conf file

<Location /svn-repositories>
    DAV svn
    SVNParentPath C:\SVN\svn-repositories
    AuthType SSPI
    AuthName "My SVN Repository"
    AuthzSVNAccessFile svnaccessfile

   # For any operations other than these, require an authenticated user.
    <LimitExcept GET PROPFIND OPTIONS REPORT>
      Require valid-user
    </LimitExcept>

    SSPIAuth On
    SSPIAuthoritative On
    SSPIDomain myDomain
    SSPIOfferBasic On
</Location>

My svnaccessfile looks like this

[Data:/]
* =
joe, bob, john = rw

Re: Hiding nodes.

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 3/26/07, Sean Bates <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to hide a node in a repo using "* =" and then trying to
> override with "joe, bob, john=rw" to grant access to those that should see
> it. Unfortunately this doesn't work. Is there a way to hide a node
> (directory) from all users except a few specific people.
>
> We are using Apache 2.0.54 and SVN 1.4.0 using SSPI 1.0.1. Here's the
> contents of the httpd.conf file
>
> <Location /svn-repositories>
>     DAV svn
>     SVNParentPath C:\SVN\svn-repositories
>     AuthType SSPI
>     AuthName "My SVN Repository"
>     AuthzSVNAccessFile svnaccessfile
>
>    # For any operations other than these, require an authenticated user.
>     <LimitExcept GET PROPFIND OPTIONS REPORT>
>       Require valid-user
>     </LimitExcept>
>
>     SSPIAuth On
>     SSPIAuthoritative On
>     SSPIDomain myDomain
>     SSPIOfferBasic On
> </Location>
>
> My svnaccessfile looks like this
>
> [Data:/]
> * =
> joe, bob, john = rw

I think you are running into the exact problem described in this blog post:

http://blogs.open.collab.net/svn/2007/03/authz_and_anon_.html

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

Re: Hiding nodes.

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Mar 26, 2007, at 12:04, Sean Bates wrote:

> I am trying to hide a node in a repo using "* =" and then trying to
> override with "joe, bob, john=rw" to grant access to those that
> should see it. Unfortunately this doesn't work. Is there a way to
> hide a node (directory) from all users except a few specific people.

As far as I know, you can't hide things. The only way would be to
create a directory (like, say, "/private"), whose existence everyone
would know about, but they couldn't see what other directories you
might have inside it, if you set up permissions properly.