Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Kirk Woerner <ki...@stoneseeker.com> on 2000/11/07 18:13:56 UTC

XSL -> XUL weird xml formatter issue

I have an XML file which has the following at the top

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
<?cocoon-format type="text/xml"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="/stylesheets/browse.xul.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>

Note that the idea is to pass the file through an XSL stylesheet and then
format it using the XMLFormatter.  It appears to be igoring the
cocoon-format instruction and ALWAYS puts the DOCTYPE HTML... at the top.
This is a problem because then Mozilla can't recognize it as XUL.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?  I'm using cocoon-1.8 and have tried
reordering the instructions to no avail.  In fact, this file itself is a
test since in reality the data comes from a custom Producer which produces
RDF and shows the same symptoms.

RE: XSL -> XUL weird xml formatter issue - never miiind :)

Posted by Kirk Woerner <ki...@stoneseeker.com>.
I had added an <xsl:processing-instruction> to my XSL file as a test which
also didn't work but apparently I had a typo.  Odd though that you need
the following

<xsl:processing-instruction
name="cocoon-format">type="text/xml"</xsl:processing-instruction>

in the XSL file to make it work.