Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/22 20:22:30 UTC

Call for case studies for Programming Hive, 2nd edition

Hello all,

Work is getting underway for Programming Hive 2nd Edition! One of the parts
I enjoyed most is the case studies. They showed hive used in a number of
enterprises and for different purposes.

Since the 2nd edition is on the way I want to make another call for case
studies and use cases of hive. For the last book many of these case studies
came in at the buzzer (very close to publishing time) . We will be avoiding
this for the second edition so that we have more time to iterate on them so
they have a more consistent feel.

Some of the existing case studies need to be reworked for the second
edition. For example a case studies that address doing RANK queries before
Hive had windowing. If you did a case study for the book I will try to
track you down individual to see if they can be updated, but it would be
easier if you found me.

Thank you,
Edward

Re: Call for case studies for Programming Hive, 2nd edition

Posted by Lefty Leverenz <le...@gmail.com>.
Great news!  Please let me know if I can help in any way.  (Editing springs
to mind.)

-- Lefty