Posted to users@camel.apache.org by gilboy <jo...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/06 21:08:33 UTC

Database driven quartz triggers to manage HA in application

Hi

I am planning on deploying 2 instances of my application to a cluster. I
want both instances to be running in a Hot mode. Within my application I
have a number of routes which are driven by a quartz scheduler. I was
planning on using the database driven triggers for the quartz component.

>From my understanding with the above approach, if one node fires the job,
the others will not. If a node becomes offline, the job(s) should still get
fired by one of the others.

I just wanted to see if anybody else was using the above approach to solve
HA problems

Thanks
Joe