Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Ross Golder <ro...@cpd.co.uk> on 2000/10/04 23:08:40 UTC

jdk1.2.2 javac debug attribute

I have the following in my build.xml, but my stacktraces are not giving
line numbers (just says 'Compiled code' in their place). :

    <property name="debug" value="on"/>

    <javac srcdir="${src.dir}"
           destdir="${build.dest}"
           debug="${debug}"
           optimize="${optimize}"/>

Fairly recent ant. Worked fine under JDK1.1.8, but not since upgrading
to JDK1.2.2.

[rossg@durban cybertrax]$ java org.apache.tools.ant.Main -version
Ant version 1.1 compiled on July 21 2000

Any ideas why?

--
Ross

Apathy on the rise, nobody cares!

RE: jdk1.2.2 javac debug attribute

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@ebinteractive.com.au>.
Ross,

Not really an ant issue. This is due to the use of JIT in JDK 1.2.2 and not
about the debug attribute of javac.

You can try setting the environment variable, JAVA_COMPILER, like so.

set JAVA_COMPILER=NONE

(adjust the above for your favourite operating system)

This will turn off the JIT and restore line numbers for you in the
stacktraces.

Cheers
Conor

--