Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Rafael Cardoso <ra...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/07 14:39:26 UTC

Zero results in seach

Hi,
I´m crawling my intranet, i saw that he got a lot of pages, but when i
search for anything, it doesnt return any result.

"Resultados *0-0* (de um total de 0 documentos):"
"Results 0-0 (from a total of 0 documents):"

There is some step between the crawling and the seaching? (App is already
deployed in tomcat)

Re: Zero results in seach

Posted by Rafael Cardoso <ra...@gmail.com>.
Solved.  I was mistaken the directory name at nutch-site.xml, inside war
file.

Re: Zero results in seach

Posted by Howie Wang <ho...@hotmail.com>.
The default:local message just means that Nutch will use the local disk/file
system
to store the database rather than special distributed file system (called
NDFS in 0.7
and Hadoop in 0.8).

If it's telling you that there are no pages in your db, the most common
reason
is that the conf/regex-urlfilter.txt file is filtering out all of your web
pages. Check
your crawl.log, it should tell you whether any pages were actually fetched.
Look for errors in the crawl.log to make sure that it actually did anything
and
didn't just exception out. Check your regex-urlfilter.txt file and make sure
that
the entries to include your URLs appear before any that exclude a whole
bunch
of URLs. Order is important for regex-urlfilter.txt.

Howie

Re: Zero results in seach