Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ca...@guellconsulting.com on 2006/09/06 21:19:58 UTC

[users@httpd] caching

I'm usig apache disk_cache for images in front of a plone site

    CacheEnable disk /
    CacheRoot "/data/cache/mod_proxy/zeo"
    CacheSize 950000
    ExpiresActive On
    ExpiresByType image/gif A9600
    ExpiresByType image/jpeg A9600
    ExpiresByType image/png A9600

After a few hous of clearing the cache some pages get cached in apache

 HTTP/1.1 200 OK
  Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 19:11:14 GMT
  Server: Apache/2.0.59 (Unix)
  Set-Cookie: zforum_language="es_MX"; Path=/
  Expires: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 00:00:00 GMT
  Pragma: no-cache
  Age: 5224
  Keep-Alive: timeout=30, max=500
  Connection: Keep-Alive

Why Is apache caching a text/html if this content type is not defined as
ExpiresByType?

thanks

Güell Consulting Technologies SL
C/ La Remallaire 17 Despatx 6.
CP08302 Mataró
Tel.  93.798.40.44
Fax. 93.758.86.46
www.guellconsulting.com

Re: [users@httpd] caching

Posted by ca...@guellconsulting.com.
> On 9/6/06, carlesg@guellconsulting.com <ca...@guellconsulting.com>
> wrote:
>> I'm usig apache disk_cache for images in front of a plone site
>>
>>     CacheEnable disk /
>>     CacheRoot "/data/cache/mod_proxy/zeo"
>>     CacheSize 950000
>>     ExpiresActive On
>>     ExpiresByType image/gif A9600
>>     ExpiresByType image/jpeg A9600
>>     ExpiresByType image/png A9600
>>
>> After a few hous of clearing the cache some pages get cached in apache
>>
>>  HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>>   Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 19:11:14 GMT
>>   Server: Apache/2.0.59 (Unix)
>>   Set-Cookie: zforum_language="es_MX"; Path=/
>>   Expires: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 00:00:00 GMT
>>   Pragma: no-cache
>>   Age: 5224
>>   Keep-Alive: timeout=30, max=500
>>   Connection: Keep-Alive
>>
>> Why Is apache caching a text/html if this content type is not defined as
>> ExpiresByType?
>
> The cache can also key off the Last-Modified date to determine
> freshness.  See the directive CachLastModifiedFactor.  That doesn't,
> of course, explain why it would be caching explicitly expired content.
>
> I suggest moving to 2.2, where mod_cache* is no longer experimental.
> Much improvement has been made between 2.0 and 2.2.
>
> Joshua.

We've just migrated from 2.0.54 to 2.0.59 but it's true that it still has
many bugs with cache.
I'll try to migrate to 2.2

thanks

Carles