Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Michael Fong <mc...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/21 14:20:03 UTC

How to begin to contribute

Hi, all,

I happened to have a fix for IGNITE-7153 and created pull request for it. (
https://github.com/apache/ignite/pull/5044)

I tried to follow the How to Contribute Workflow
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/How+to+Contribute#HowtoContribute-Workflow>
but
kind of got stuck on TeamCity CI, where all the test suite build failed at
unrelated library (ignite-tool). Is there any other easier or more
intuitive CI or documentation to guide through the testing process?

Furthermore, I wonder what would the code review process be, still via
github comment review?

Regards,

Michael

Re: How to begin to contribute

Posted by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@apache.org>.
Hi Michael,

I'm trying to reach you in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-7153
 mentions.

To proceed with patch according to
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/How+to+Contribute#HowtoContribute-SubmittingforReview
we
need to set the ticket to Patch Available state. If you feel your patch is
ready, please set ticket status.

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov

Posted by Michael Fong <mc...@gmail.com>.