Posted to dev@empire-db.apache.org by Benjamin Venditti <ve...@esteam.de> on 2009/02/26 14:46:01 UTC

Unable to run "empire-db-example-struts2" in Eclipse

Hi Francis,

i have followed your work in the mailing-archive for "mavenizing"
empire-db.
Currently I am trying to get the web-example running with tomcat in
eclipse so that I can debug the struts2 web example.

Fortunately I've been successful with that, but I had to do some
handwork. Maybe you can help me with that, as I'm a maven newbe :).

Here is what I've tried so far:

1. Checked out the trunk from SVN with the "Check out as Maven Project
..." option.

2. Executed "mvn eclipse:m2eclipse -Dwtpversion=1.5" in the directory
"empire-db-example-struts2" to make it a WebApp.

3. Activated the Maven-Dependencies under Project "Properties-->Java EE
Module Dependencies"

4. Added Tomcat Server Modules under Project "Properties-->Java Build
Path".

If I now start the project with the "Run As--> Run on Server ..."
option, the server doesn't find the dependencies for "empire-db" and
"empire-db-struts2".

In fact I got it working by building and copying the missing libraries
"empire-db-2.0.5-SNAPSHOT.jar" and "
empire-db-struts2-2.0.5-SNAPSHOT.jar" by hand into the lib folder of the
deployed WebApp.

My Questions are now:
- Do I have to exec "mvn eclipse:m2eclipse -Dwtpversion=1.5", or is
there a easier way to tell eclipse that it is a WebApp?

- Why do I have to copy the dependencies for "empire-db" and
"empire-db-struts2" by hand? I cannot see why they aren't deployed as
they are listed in the pom.xml.

It would be really nice if you could help me out with this.
Thanks in advance.

Benjamin Venditti

Re: Unable to run "empire-db-example-struts2" in Eclipse

Posted by Francis De Brabandere <fr...@gmail.com>.
A mail was sent about this issue on the private list. Rainer will
probably inform you on the actions to take.

http://www.somatik.be

Re: Unable to run "empire-db-example-struts2" in Eclipse

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 8:23 PM, Benjamin Venditti <ve...@esteam.de> wrote:
> thanks for your response to the new examples.
> do you know how i can join the development team
> so that i may further improve the examples?

There's some effort involved in joining the team: first you contribute
in the form of patches attached to JIRA issues [1]. The current team
will evaluate the patches and apply them when appropriate. When they
get tired of applying the patches for you they might consider asking
you to join them.

>From the incubator guides: "If a person has made significant
contributions of high-quality, is interested in continuing to
contribute, and works well with others under the Apache guidelines,
the project might want to grant that person commit access. See the ASF
How it Works document, which explains meritocracy and roles." [2]

Martijn

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/contributors.html
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html

AW: Unable to run "empire-db-example-struts2" in Eclipse

Posted by Benjamin Venditti <ve...@esteam.de>.

http://www.somatik.be

Re: Unable to run "empire-db-example-struts2" in Eclipse

Posted by Francis De Brabandere <fr...@gmail.com>.

http://www.somatik.be

AW: Unable to run "empire-db-example-struts2" in Eclipse

http://www.somatik.be

Re: Unable to run "empire-db-example-struts2" in Eclipse

Posted by Francis De Brabandere <fr...@gmail.com>.

http://www.somatik.be

AW: Unable to run "empire-db-example-struts2" in Eclipse

http://www.somatik.be

Re: Unable to run "empire-db-example-struts2" in Eclipse

Posted by Francis De Brabandere <fr...@gmail.com>.

http://www.somatik.be

AW: Unable to run "empire-db-example-struts2" in Eclipse

--
http://www.somatik.be

Re: Unable to run "empire-db-example-struts2" in Eclipse

Posted by Francis De Brabandere <fr...@gmail.com>.

--
http://www.somatik.be