Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Kelvyn Scrupps <Ke...@alliescomputing.com> on 2018/04/01 23:02:09 UTC

RE: WordDelimiterGraphFilter expected behaviour ?

It's been a holiday here in the UK, hence the delay, but thank you for your far more prompt response.

It makes sense that the filter is removing the punctuation-only term, and that it only looks odd when alongside the original with preserveOriginal=true.  Fortunately it was just a curio that came up while I was testing a downstream (and typically flaky) custom filter I'm working on that gets it's own positional increments in a twist, otherwise I don't think I'd have noticed it.  We don't - or shouldn't - actually send punctuation-only tokens, so its not really a production concern.

Thanks for the reminder about FlattenGraphFilterFactory too btw.