Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sue McKeown <mc...@insight.rr.com> on 2007/07/02 16:57:41 UTC

Internet Explorer not working correctly after installing Tomcat

Hi:

I installed Eclipse (v.3.1.2) and Tomcat (v5.5) with a single
installer that my professor distributed to a Client-Server
Programming class I took. I rarely use IE (I use Mozilla and only use
IE  when absolutely necessary). So it was probably 2 months after the
class until I even tried to use IE. When I start up IE now, instead
of getting my designated home page to come up, I usually get the
following message:

HTTP Status 404 - /fwlink/

type Status report

message /fwlink/

description The requested resource (/fwlink/) is not available.

Apache Tomcat/5.5.20

or what appears to be a Tomcat home page.  If I get the error message
and then click IE's Home button, I receive the Tomcat home page. On
that page the only links that work are those directly related to
Tomcat work (such as the one for the documentation, and it has a
really strange URL: http://www.insight.rr.com/tomcat-docs/ , where
the first part of the URL is the beginning of my designated home page
URL (the home page for my ISP).

I tried reading the Setup documentation, but I guess I'm enough of a
rookie to figure out what to change (if anything). Would it help if I
uninstalled and then reinstalled the Eclipse/Tomcat bundle?

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sue

Sue McKeown
Westerville, OH