Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Tosello Davide <Da...@LOQUENDO.COM> on 2003/03/13 15:10:19 UTC

Schema validation in 2.3.0 version

Hi all,
I am currently triyng to validate W3C VoiceXML documents under many XML validators.
The current schema has been validated without errors on Xerces-J 2.0.2, XSV 2002/01/11,
IBM SQC 2.1.1 and XMLSpy 4.4.
Using the latest Xerces/J 2.3.0, I cannot parse the latest VoiceXML 2.0 Candidate
Recommendation schema. Here is a simple "Hello world" VoiceXML:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<vxml version="2.0" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/vxml"
        xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/2001/vxml
            http://www.w3.org/TR/voicexml20/vxml.xsd">
    <form>
        <block>
            Hello,world
        </block>
    </form>
</vxml>

The error message the SAX parser returns is:

org.xml.sax.SAXException: Error parsing XML at line: 363, column: 72 of
http://www.w3.org/TR/voicexml20/synthesis-core.xsd.
Error Message is: a-props-correct.2: Invalid value constraint value
'100.0' in attribute 'volume'

Since Xerces is a fully-conforming Schema parser, I would like to understand if there is a
bug into Xerces-J/2.3.0 (other validators parse without errors) or if the synthesis-core.xsd
needs to be modified.

Regards,
Davide

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete
the message. Should you have any questions, please contact us by
replying to MailAdmin@tilab.com. Thank you