Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2007/05/16 21:38:58 UTC

OpenEJB is now an Apache top level project

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce that the board passed the resolution to
approve the proposal submitted to them unanimously. Congratulations!

Of course, this is just the first step - we now need to take care of
the infrastructure changes in particular. Do we have any volunteers
for driving this process?

Cheers,
Brett

Re: OpenEJB is now an Apache top level project

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
Very nice. Congrats to all on a well deserved (and well desired ;-)
incubation...

--kevan

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
David,

Not having moved from incubator before I'm not sure of all th
shtuffes that needs to be done.  I'll be back from vacation next week
and will be happy to help out where ever to help make the transition.

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 5/23/07, David Blevins <da...@visi.com> wrote:

> One additional thing on our side is we should yank the DISCLAIMER.txt
> that says we are incubating.
>
> Any volunteers to yank those?

Working on it...

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Re: OpenEJB is now an Apache top level project

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi David...

According to the following paragraph I extracted from this link --->
http://www.apache.org/dev/project-creation.html

" Once the board has approved the resolution, your project PMC can work
together with the Infrastructure team to get your project established. To
help facilitate this, you are requested to file separate issue tracker
requests <http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10410>for
*each* category of item in this list: core, qmail, SVN, httpd, mailing
lists. For each mailing list and SVN repository you desire, you will need to
follow the list of project-specifc
tasks<http://www.apache.org/dev/project-creation-tasks.html>.
",

we should create a JIRA issue for each task required by the INFRA team,
right ? But you issued one JIRA for all tasks. Am I missng something here ?

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Re: OpenEJB is now an Apache top level project

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
OK, u got it

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Re: OpenEJB is now an Apache top level project

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi All...

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Re: OpenEJB is now an Apache top level project

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.
A very well-deserved congratulations to all you guys who made this
possible and to the OpenEJB project !

Cheers
Prasad.

Posted by Jeremy Whitlock <jc...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,
    I know many people worked hard to get the project to this point and
their efforts have been the driving force behind the success of OpenEJB.
This movement to an Apache top-level project is a great way to show thanks
to all involved.  Congratulations.

Take care,

Jeremy

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Posted by Manu George <ma...@gmail.com>.
This is great news. Congrats to all involved. I am glad that I was
given the opportunity to be a part of this great community.

Regards
Manu

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.