Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@gridgain.com> on 2015/11/05 15:28:16 UTC

Do we really need separate class for store configuration?

Hi,

In
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Jdbc+Store+Configuration
I introduced new design for configuring POJO store.

In this design we have StoreConfiguration, StoreFactory and Store itself.

But the main reason why we have StoreFactory - is because store is not
serializable and could not be send over network. Instead of this we set
factory into cache configuration and send it over network.

IMHO, we could move all needed settings from store config directly to
factory and drop StoreConfiguration (it is not yet merged to master).

And more, today I started review "IGNITE-1371 Key-Value store (like
Cassandra) as CacheStore"

There also implemented factory and store and I need to know what will be
our idiomatic approach for cache storages?  Config -> Factory -> Store or
just Factory -> Store?

Thoughts?
--
Alexey Kuznetsov
GridGain Systems

Re: Do we really need separate class for store configuration?

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Alexey,

I agree with you. I think it make sense to abandon
CacheJdbcPojoStoreConfiguration and move all the configuration properties
directly to the factory. It looks like there are no objections, so please
go ahead and update the ticket.

Thanks,
D.