Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by YogeshArora <yo...@wipro.com> on 2008/02/04 11:12:58 UTC

Facing problem in accessing the sample examples running on Apache Geronimo

Hi,

I have deployed the ServiceMix WAR file on Apache Geronimo. The Servicemix
WAR file (Apache ServiceMix Web Application 3.2.1 (.war)) is downloaded from
the the following URL:

http://servicemix.apache.org/download.html

Following are the details on the environment we are using, steps that we
performed:

Environment Details:
====================
Operating System : Windows XP (Version 2002, Service Pack 2)
JDK :JDK 1.5.0_06
Application Server : Apache Geronimo version 2.0.2
(geronimo-tomcat6-jee5-2.0.2)
ESB : Apache ServiceMix version 3.2.1

I have installed the sample example - bridge and wsdl-first using the Web
interface of ServiceMix (deployed on Geronimo). And the status of both the
examples is "started" on the Web Interface of ServiceMix, but when I tried
to access the sample application using client.html under their respective
examples folder (http://localhost:8192/PersonService/
and http://localhost:8192/bridge/) that comes with ServiceMix binaries, its
showing me status - 12029 as a response.

I have searched the internet and found that Status - 12029 means "A
connection with the server could not be established".
Then I checked whether the servicemix is running on port 8192 using netstat
-a | find "8192". It gave me no results, that indicates that ServiceMix is
not running on port 8192.

When the ServiceMix WAR file is deployed in Apache Geronimo, how to access
the servicemix application running on Apache Geronimo?

Please help me in the same.

Thanks in advance !

Thanks,
Yogesh

Re: Facing problem in accessing the sample examples running on Apache Geronimo

Posted by YogeshArora <yo...@wipro.com>.
Hello friends,

Can anyone help me in resolving the issue mentioned in the below mail?

If you need more details, please do let me know.

Thanks,
Yogesh

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Feb 4, 2008, at 11:55 AM, YogeshArora wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the reply !
>
> The Servicemix WAR file is running on port 8080, but i am not sure
> on which
> port jbi components are running.

If they are at localhost:8192/MyApp on standalone servicemix, can you
see if they are available at localhost:8080/MyApp on the servicemix
war running in geronimo?

I don't know what significance port 8192 is supposed to have.

> My Standalone servicemix was running on port 8192 and examples were
> working
> fine.
>
> Details about what  I want to achieve
> ========================
>
> I need to deploy Servicemix on Apache Geronimo and run the servicemix
> examples on Geronimo. As, we need to test the performance of
> Servicemix ESB
> on Application severs.
>
> So I need to run servicemix examples on apache Geronimo.
>
> I need to know how to access the sample programs which are deployed on
> servicemix deployed in Geronimo.

What port do you want them to be on?  Do you need port 8080 open for
e.g. the admin console?

thanks
david jencks

Posted by YogeshArora <yo...@wipro.com>.
Hi,

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by YogeshArora <yo...@wipro.com>.
Hi,

Posted by YogeshArora <yo...@wipro.com>.
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your valuable time !

The problem get resolved.

Actually, I was not using the correct URL to access the Service Assembly
running on Geronimo.

Solution of the Problem
================

http://<server_ip>:8080/contextName/jbi/yourServiceName

For an example to run wsdl-first:

http://localhost:8080/apache-servicemix-web-3.2.1/jbi/PersonService

Thanks to all of those who contributed/spend their precious time in helping
me. It is very appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Yogesh

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
I'm confused.  Port 8443 is https, not http.  If you want http
(unsecured) try port 8080.  If you want https, use an https url.

thanks
david jencks

Posted by YogeshArora <yo...@wipro.com>.
Hi,