Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Smith Norton <sm...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/21 15:50:20 UTC

How to submit patches?

Is there any guideline for submission of Patches? Should the patch be
against the last stable version, i.e Nutch 0.9 or something else like
the latest code in the CVS?

I also keep finding about 'trunk' very often. I am a newbie to open
source way of doing projects, so it would be great if you could
explain what 'trunk' is all aobut. Any pointers where I can read more
is also fine.

Re: How to submit patches?

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.

IIRC Nutch is using SVN (http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html)

>I also keep finding about 'trunk' very often. I am a newbie to open
>source way of doing projects, so it would be great if you could
>explain what 'trunk' is all aobut. Any pointers where I can read more
>is also fine.

normally the most recent source code is located within the trunk
directory and hence refered to as trunk, e.g.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/nutch/trunk/

Patches should be submitted via Jira

http://lucene.apache.org/nutch/issue_tracking.html

HTH

Michael

--
Michael Wechner
Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management - Yanel, Yulup

Re: How to submit patches?

Posted by Doğacan Güney <do...@gmail.com>.
On 8/21/07, Smith Norton <sm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for the quick replies. If I do not wish to use svn and the
> svn diff am I allowed to submit patches against Nutch 0.9 generated
> using diff -au command?

Of course you are allowed :). However, most developers use latest
trunk so sending a patch against an older version may make it
difficult to review your patch, especially if your patch doesn't apply
against trunk.

--
Doğacan Güney

Re: How to submit patches?