Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by eaglei22 <jc...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/22 06:39:33 UTC

updating table on main page after modal window is closed..

here
userPageFindUserModal.setWindowClosedCallback(new
ModalWindow.WindowClosedCallback()
{
public void onClose(AjaxRequestTarget target)
 {
System.out.println("ssaIDLISTCON");
userInformation = new WebMarkupContainer("userAttributeTable");
userInformation.setOutputMarkupId(true);
addUserInformation("test", "Massey", "J", "1234512", "Enabled");
target.add(userInformation); } });

When I close my modal window I want to update the contents of the calling
page... but it doesn't work.When I refresh the page however it works, but
the ajax isn't giving me access to the current page components.. How does
this work with a modal window? Is the target for the modal window? or for
the parent pages instance?Any ideas? Thanks!

Re: updating table on main page after modal window is closed..

Posted by eaglei22 <jc...@gmail.com>.
That's the example I was originally using, and I did everything like that
but my ajax doesn't work upon return calling the webmarkupcontainer, but
theirs does. So I don't understand what im doing wrong.  Am I supposef to
use a model when initializing the webmarkupcontainer?

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Posted by eaglei22 <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 7:39 AM, eaglei22 <jc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> here
> userPageFindUserModal.setWindowClosedCallback(new
> ModalWindow.WindowClosedCallback()
> {
> public void onClose(AjaxRequestTarget target)
>  {
> System.out.println("ssaIDLISTCON");
> userInformation = new WebMarkupContainer("userAttributeTable");
> userInformation.setOutputMarkupId(true);
> addUserInformation("test", "Massey", "J", "1234512", "Enabled");
> target.add(userInformation); } });
>
> When I close my modal window I want to update the contents of the calling
> page... but it doesn't work.When I refresh the page however it works, but
> the ajax isn't giving me access to the current page components.. How does
> this work with a modal window? Is the target for the modal window? or for
> the parent pages instance?Any ideas? Thanks!

If you use ModalWindow with a Panel content then it will work.
If you use it with Page (iframe) content then the AjaxRequestTarget is for
the page in the iframe. In this case you should pass PageReference got get
access to the parent page and you should use JavaScript like
"top.location.reload()"