Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Bahman Kalali <bk...@csg.uwaterloo.ca> on 2002/11/08 19:12:18 UTC

checking operation name in my requstor handler before sending it Service Provider

Hi,

I have a requestor handler that I want to use it for checking if an operation name that is provided by the service requestor is valid. So, what I really want to do is to re-set operation name in my handler if the operation name is not valid.

I can get the operation name of incoming request from OperationDesc, but I am not able to reset the with a new name. I would expect the following code works, but it gives me null pointer errors.

OperationDesc opDesc = getOperationDesc(service, opName,msgContext);

//Service requestor sets the operation name as "reverse", but service requestor expects "reverseBah". That is why I am resetting the name in here.

opDesc.setName("reverseBah");

msgContext.setOperation(opDesc);

Can I do this in my handler? if so, do you know any code snippet can help me to do this?

I appreciate your help in advance.

--Bahman